Sonicwall newbie question...

I have a Sonicwall 2040 appliance... its configured with a WAN LAN and
DMZ (all done prior to my arrival with the company). The WAN is our
public IP addresses, such as E-Mail and Web Servers, LAN is all
internal addresses, and i'm not quite sure what the DMZ is.

What I'm wanting to do is enable traffic from my WAN (specifically 1 IP
address) to my LAN (again, specifically 1 IP address) for remote access
purposes. I have a service setup on my firewall for Terminal Services
(port 3389), and a rule setup to all traffic from WAN to LAN for that
service. When I access my local server from the LAN, RDP works fine.
When I try from my public server, it says the service is not running or
it cannot find it.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Or what configuration option I
am missing?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated and welcome.

Thanks,

  • ADSL Router
    ... 6881-6889 in der Firewall des ADSL ... Lan to LAN / Router ... LAN to WAN ... LAN to DMZ ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.networking)
  • Re: Sonicwall
    ... >> A server I have positioned him on the net DMZ with the following ... >> Another server I have positioned him on the net WAN with the following ... Why is this system on the WAN side of the SonicWall? ... I succeed from the lan to pingare the GW ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ntp package. Client by default?
    ... it to listen on the _WAN_ by default. ... The eth0 interface may be attached on a private LAN with an RFC1918 ... ntp scripted configuration know this? ... the only way to have any clue at all that an ethernet device is either ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Connecting to Exchange Part II
    ... Still can't connect to Exchange over the WAN. ... LAN access works fine. ... One configured for LAN, one for WAN. ... This is a fresh install of SBS with no configuration changes as of yet. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Cant connect to Exchange