CLI app - allow access?

ZA frquently tells me CLI Application (Command Line Interface) is
trying to access the trusted zone and I don't know whether to allow it
or not. Everything seems to be running OK without it. What sorts of
apps would this usually refer to? A little research indicated it's
related to Linux. Are some Windows apps built around Linux? I'm seeing
the window now with only the System Config window*, Word, ZoneAlarm &
Firefox open; in the tray LogMeIn is also enabled, there's my AV
running (Avast) and a Status Monitor for my Canon multifunction.

*The one that comes up after rebooting when you've changed some startup
items

  • Re: CLI app - allow access?
    ... trying to access the trusted zone and I don't know whether to allow it ... Are some Windows apps built around Linux? ... the window now with only the System Config window*, Word, ZoneAlarm & ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: CLI app - allow access?
    ... What sorts of ... Are some Windows apps built around Linux? ... the window now with only the System Config window*, Word, ZoneAlarm & ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Bit Twister: Is this the dhclient-exit-hooks you were talking about?
    ... It lets you take a screenshot ... See slrn running in the term window? ... Redhat left the linux user community in the lurch awhile back ... She will go for that and then I can get on with the FC5 install that I ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux, X, ld, gcc, linking, shared libraries and stuff
    ... You don't have to install any networking ... > know linux, but there seems to be several "window" managers available. ... underlying API, Xlib in this case, is too complicated to use. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: OpenOffice and Leopard
    ... Those are almost certainly OpenOffice bugs. ... Which explains why it's available on Windows, Solaris, MacOS X, and FreeBSD, as well as Linux. ... It can't be Linux-specific, as it was developed out of the X Window System ... I should have said X Window instead of Linux, but I have never used any OS but Mac and adaptations for Mac, i. e., SoftWindows, etc. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)