Re: Your thoughts on my network security.
- From: Osiris <nono@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 00:21:42 +0100
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 23:36:25 +0100, Sebastian Gottschalk
cut&paste don't always work with passwords....
you haven't seen much of the ICT world then...
Too bad that I manage all my passwords via copy&paste. Especially in my
local machine. I wonder why exactly copy&paste shouldn't work there...
You don't have state secrets on your machine, do you ?
What's that stupid question supposed to mean?
I have to spell everything ?
You're imposing something like "oh, it's not so important, maybe you should
leave away some security measures". This is blatantly dangerous. A proper
attitude would be to always practice and use the same strong security
mechanisms regardless of the situation - thus you'll never have to think
about if it's actually worth it, but therefore you can't make any wrong
decision towards weaker security.
limiting factors are, amongst others:
2: effort to be invested
3: knowledge to be acquired
4: value of data
5: time = money
To ignore these factors is blatantly stupid.
- Prev by Date: Classified Passwords.
- Next by Date: Re: Checkpoint FW-1 and "ftp missing newline char" attack
- Previous by thread: Re: Your thoughts on my network security.
- Next by thread: Re: Your thoughts on my network security.