Re: Erratic LAN problem with TPF

Ken Knecht <kenkknot@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Volker Birk <bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:4560a3ec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
Ken Knecht <kenkknot@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Volker Birk <bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:4560a084@xxxxxxxxx
ulm.de:
Ken Knecht <kenkknot@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've never been able to get the LAN to work at all when the XP Home
firewall is enabled. I keep getting permission errors.
Maybe you want to post your problems here in detail.
What details should I add to my first message, besides OS is XP Home?
Waht "permission errors" are you getting when you're doing what
exactly?
"\\Kenneth\c is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
resource. Contact the administrator of this service to find out if you
access permissions.
The network path was not found."

This does not sound like the Windows-Firewall. This must be something
else.

If you're getting this on another computer, then maybe you mean that you
cannot access network resources on the computer with the
Windows-Firewall enabled. This is the reason, why one wants to have the
Windows-Firewall: no network services. If you want to have an exception
here, you may allow file service for your computer by configuring the
Windows-Firewall.

If you have a setup with a local LAN, then it would be a very good idea
to have a filtering NAT router at the gateway, though.

Yours,
VB.
--
"Life was simple before World War II. After that, we had systems."
Grace Hopper

  • Re: Windows Gone Wild
    ... business network and I just realized I'm running Windows XP Pro if that makes ... If you have to get permission to try that link, you may also have an IT department who have the responsibility for keeping your system functioning. ... > fritz all over my windows files and some programs. ... > one server and mine is on the other, we never had trouble sending and ...
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... I'd put money on this that you have a DNS name resolution issue...for ... The server is not configured for transactions" ... > "Access Denied" Message When Opening from or Saving to a Network Folder ... You may not have permission to use this network resource" ...
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... I'd put money on this that you have a DNS name resolution issue...for ... The server is not configured for transactions" ... > "Access Denied" Message When Opening from or Saving to a Network Folder ... You may not have permission to use this network resource" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... I'd put money on this that you have a DNS name resolution issue...for ... The server is not configured for transactions" ... > "Access Denied" Message When Opening from or Saving to a Network Folder ... You may not have permission to use this network resource" ...
  • Re: Hypothesis Sought...
    ... because you have no way of knowing that you're stealing services. ... for them and you do not have permission to use them? ... public service - it is that simple really. ... If the network is controlled by a malicious agent ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)