Re: hardware firewall buying

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:24:48 GMT, Leythos <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <frick2t082u48mb8b12qlu6upcf1p45lsh@xxxxxxx>, me@xxxxxxxxxxx
says...
Are you seriously trying to argue that a Cisco ASA somehow isn't a firewall
because ICSA certification is in process and hasn't been granted yet ?

Since I've not making a statement of it being or not being a firewall,

Our hair splitting chum has said precisely that regarding non ICSA
certified firewalls.

"I'll remind everyone that until it's been proven to be a firewall by
some independent authority on the matter as accepted by the community,
that it's not a firewall either. "

"As it is now, unless we inspect the code, line by line, and then run a
battery of tests against the inside and outside interfaces, we don't know
if it's a firewall. "

greg

--
"He's raising an unholy army of singing dinosaurs!"

  • Re: Wrt54G is a FW appliance?
    ... >can be considered as fully secure. ... >> calls it a firewall, that is not what makes it a firewall. ... an IPtables implementation on one device... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Losing Tine
    ... No, if the battery is in upside down, it will not work at all. ... the time zone setting is the culprit; after all, the Internet Time ... time - if it is correct, then the CMOS battery is not the problem ... | firewall was not put back.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • cant print after changing IP and hostname
    ... *** Receive NO snmp response! ... Either incorrect GET community name, ... A web search for this shows that this is often a firewall issue, ... And we can ping and telnet to the printer and port ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Proxies, opensource and the general market: whats wrong with us?
    ... How would a firewall API work and what would it do? ... What is an example of a commercial product that has a common management ... little to *NO* support form Opensource community. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: 1967 Mustang Charging System Questions
    ...  Towed it home charged the battery, ... check ground strap from engine to firewall ... ground wire from firewall to engine - attached to firewall on ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang)