Re: hardware firewall buying
- From: Greg Hennessy <me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:50:15 +0000
On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:24:48 GMT, Leythos <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <frick2t082u48mb8b12qlu6upcf1p45lsh@xxxxxxx>, me@xxxxxxxxxxx
Are you seriously trying to argue that a Cisco ASA somehow isn't a firewall
because ICSA certification is in process and hasn't been granted yet ?
Since I've not making a statement of it being or not being a firewall,
Our hair splitting chum has said precisely that regarding non ICSA
"I'll remind everyone that until it's been proven to be a firewall by
some independent authority on the matter as accepted by the community,
that it's not a firewall either. "
"As it is now, unless we inspect the code, line by line, and then run a
battery of tests against the inside and outside interfaces, we don't know
if it's a firewall. "
"He's raising an unholy army of singing dinosaurs!"
- Prev by Date: Re: hardware firewall buying
- Next by Date: Re: Encryption and authentication
- Previous by thread: Re: hardware firewall buying
- Next by thread: Re: hardware firewall buying