Re: 64-Bit Software Firewall

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
Grimscythe wrote:

On Oct 29, 5:10 pm, Crispy Critter <n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 29 Oct 2006 05:58:31 -0800, Grimscythe wrote:

Programs like ZoneAlarm have served me very well on my old 32-bit PC
and I'd like to stick with them now.How have they served you any better than the one that already comes built
into the OS? You already have a firewall in your router so why do you feel
you need another one wasting resources and causing connectivity issues?
Simply because Windows Firewall is inadequate for my uses.
I need outbound connections being scanned as well as inbound.

I does scan outbound connections.

Anyway, ZoneAlarm never served you well. And you not noticing, not even
trying to notice them by an audit, shows that you don't have the technical
competence to make such judgements.

First of all, I did run several "audits" on my pc and all of them
claimed that my pc was secure. But anyway, if you believe that personal
firewalls are so horrid, why don't you give me a suggestion as to what
I should be using. I have a hardware firewall built into my router but
it's not very customizable as far as I can see.

  • Re: Prevent ZoneAlarm from displaying the system tray icon
    ... I do not want the ZoneAlarm icon sitting there, ... I do not want the interface to run unless I ... > meets my security needs better than the XP built in firewall. ... If you have software which is making unwanted outbound connections then ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Urgent help needed
    ... as my comodo had changed and was lousy. ... connections without your permission or do not have config options on ... A 3rd party firewall is only ... needed to control outbound connections that you cannot throttle using ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: messenger pop ups BEAT THE BASTARD activate your ICF 4 free
    ... You have a built in firewall in your XP called ICF. ... or High-Speed Internet/properties/advanced/check the checkbox: ... "Rob B." ...
  • Re: Anti-virus
    ... Norton bloatware route the increased delays in loading and connection are ... I can't understand why winXP users elect to inflict ... OS already slugged by its own built in firewall (regardless of whether ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: D-Link 604 Router
    ... > I can filter outbound connections using URL filtering using something ... > firewall software or hardware and no router, ... Norton's firewall has a couple of added features under its ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)