Re: hardware firewall buying

Skywise skrev:
I'm in the market for a hardware router/firewall device as I
am FINALLY moving to broadband... cable to be precise.

I've looked at a few models from both Linksys and D-link. I
also took a gander at some websites that have customer reviews
to get an idea on what models have/don't have problems. The
problem is that most of what I read are complaints, no matter
what model I'm looking at.

I've also tried a few review websites but they didn't seem offer
me much information beyond what's in the manufacturers brochures.

I'm kind of fond of the Linksys BEFSX41.

Can anyone offer some comments that might help my decision
making process?

What I'd love to find is a website that does reviews and
comparisons like DPReview.com does for digital cameras. They
are extremely in depth and have a search matrix to help you
decide what models meet your requirements.

Brian

I have't read up on this site for along time now,
but perhaps you can find something useful here.
http://www.tomsnetworking.com/lans_routers/index.html
/Anders

  • Hardware Review Website and USB WiFi Adapter advice Needed
    ... If anyone knows of any really good websites for reviews and side by ... and all I need is a couple of good USB WifI adapters to ... The websites I've seen so far, (keep in mind I'm using painfully slow ... so for now at least I need something that is Win98 ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • hardware firewall buying
    ... also took a gander at some websites that have customer reviews ... I've also tried a few review websites but they didn't seem offer ... I'm kind of fond of the Linksys BEFSX41. ... Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Wireless Routers: Are there any good ones?
    ... I'm currently using a cheap 2-week old Belkin "wireless G" router that has been great until it recently began to randomly kick me off line, ... like most reviews indicate is the most popular problem; it just requires me to reconnect often. ... With some cable providers you have to clone your MAC address from your nic, to keep from getting dropped, when your IP is renewed. ... I have a Linksys WRT54G that was about $50, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Wireless Routers?
    ... and have considered between 3 different MIMO routers: ... I can't seem to locate any reasonable reviews on all these ... How about Linksys SRX router? ... Guitar playing nut in the house, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Nothing Bundt Cakes
    ... Pennyaline wrote: ... to read the reviews on the company's own and a few other websites. ... I realize that I'm dealing with a population that by and large thinks Krispy Kreme is at the zenith of doughnuthood and not coincidentally couldn't recognize a hole in the ground, making it difficult to believe that these products are truly light and sumptuous and delicious and just like mother used to make. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)