hardware firewall buying

I'm in the market for a hardware router/firewall device as I
am FINALLY moving to broadband... cable to be precise.

I've looked at a few models from both Linksys and D-link. I
also took a gander at some websites that have customer reviews
to get an idea on what models have/don't have problems. The
problem is that most of what I read are complaints, no matter
what model I'm looking at.

I've also tried a few review websites but they didn't seem offer
me much information beyond what's in the manufacturers brochures.

I'm kind of fond of the Linksys BEFSX41.

Can anyone offer some comments that might help my decision
making process?

What I'd love to find is a website that does reviews and
comparisons like DPReview.com does for digital cameras. They
are extremely in depth and have a search matrix to help you
decide what models meet your requirements.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

  • Hardware Review Website and USB WiFi Adapter advice Needed
    ... If anyone knows of any really good websites for reviews and side by ... and all I need is a couple of good USB WifI adapters to ... The websites I've seen so far, (keep in mind I'm using painfully slow ... so for now at least I need something that is Win98 ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: hardware firewall buying
    ... I've looked at a few models from both Linksys and D-link. ... also took a gander at some websites that have customer reviews ... I've also tried a few review websites but they didn't seem offer ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Nothing Bundt Cakes
    ... Pennyaline wrote: ... to read the reviews on the company's own and a few other websites. ... I realize that I'm dealing with a population that by and large thinks Krispy Kreme is at the zenith of doughnuthood and not coincidentally couldn't recognize a hole in the ground, making it difficult to believe that these products are truly light and sumptuous and delicious and just like mother used to make. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Best non-SLR
    ... If you want to see how well a digital camera you don't own makes pictures, go have a look at the websites that have images taken with them. ... Steves Dicicams and the direct URL of their links page to their reviews: ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Firewall Recommendations
    ... The two I was looking at were the Linksys BEFSX41 and the ... The problem with reviews is knowing what version the reviewer was ... If you need wirless, get a wireless now. ... Though if you run SBS I'd ...