Re: 64-Bit Software Firewall

On Oct 29, 5:37 am, Tom Joyce <n...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28 Oct 2006 09:38:25 -0700, "Grimscythe" <Grimscy...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I started a topic on this before but it got nowhere.
Does anyone know of any decent Windows XP x64 Compatible Firewalls,
akin to ZoneAlarm?Trywww.grisoft.com. Their AVG + firewall product has supported x64 since
v7.0.
That's what I'm using right now but it gives me an error message saying
that the firewall won't work properly since I have more than one
network adapter.
On another note: Sebastian, I didn't ask for a lesson on what a
firewall is, I simply asked for suggestions of a personal firewall
because I don't need a full Hardware Firewall like the Cisco Pix.
Programs like ZoneAlarm have served me very well on my old 32-bit PC
and I'd like to stick with them now.

  • Re: Which BSD Firewall?
    ... >>products that run on BSD systems. ... Which firewall product has the most ... > OpenBSD is generally considered the most secure BSD, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Which BSD Firewall?
    ... >products that run on BSD systems. ... Which firewall product has the most ... OpenBSD and Packet Filter? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Dont use a Firewall other than Windows Firewall?
    ... >> Windows Firewall, and of course an antivirus scanner? ... only a fool would trust a MS Firewall product after the history ... MS has in providing secure operating systems, secure applications, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Which BSD Firewall?
    ... I am trying to figure out the difference between the various firewall ... products that run on BSD systems. ... Which firewall product has the most ... I need as versatile a system as possible to provide firewall services for a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: CPU usage = 100% when idle
    ... Remove and re-install Norton? ... Is it the firewall product you have? ... Disable it to remove affect of this bug and rely on XP's firewall? ... I did run Live Update yesterday and this happened ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)