Re: 64-Bit Firewall

On Oct 24, 8:40 pm, Sebastian Gottschalk <s...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Grimscythe wrote:
and call that construct a firewall?

I suppose you can put it that way...Well, then you should think about your concept again.

Windows Firewall isn't suitable because it only scans inbound traffic.Windows Firewall is a host-based packet filter. As it does not know about
the Nat states of Windows ICS, it obviously isn't suitable as a firewall.

Anyway, it does scan outbound traffic. Of course, since it has to capture
the relevant states to allow related inbound traffic. I guess you meant
that one cannot disable and/or expand the internal ruleset that is applied,
which is, well, merely interesting, as one would have to add such a rule
anyway.

Well then what do you suggest I do?
I have a router that has a built in hardware firewall that I don't use,
should I be using that instead?

  • RE: That dont look good!
    ... > the capture stopped. ... there are entries in the firewall log ... >first and third times I had the sniffer going. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Monitor port Access(File Transfer Activity)
    ... Probably, just capture the activity on the control channel [TCP 21], since ... If your firewall does not permit this capability [and your firewall ...
  • Re: Networking Problems with Telnet
    ... over the functions of the winsock interface. ... traffic under Windows or maybe it is Windows8, ... It does capture ping messages. ... the new Windows "advanced" firewall has outbound rules as well as ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: How good are personal hardware NAT firewalls?
    ... >>> Note that you will also want to use a free syslog client to capture ... I'm sure about the logging. ... capture logs on most firewall appliances including the Linksys and Netgear. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)