Re: What is Generic Host Process for Win32 Services with the file name/path C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe and does it need server permission to work properly?

Leythos wrote:

I wonder why the group trolls don't build a response that clearly tells people how to secure their entire computer system without the use of third-party tools...... Oh, wait, I already know, it's because you can't secure a computer against all that people are exposed too, and nothing they rant about really helps the nontechnical user because they don't ever tell the user how to do anything - they just rant about how third-
party solutions are bad, windows firewall good, grunt.

If they put half as much energy into building a FAQ that could be posted every month, they might actually be helping people, but they appear to be to stuck on how important they think they are than to spend real time helping real people.

Finally, the voice of reason ;-)

  • Re: Tiny Personal Firewall Replacement?
    ... tells people how to secure their entire computer system without the ... you can't secure a computer against all that people are exposed too, ... and nothing they rant about really helps the nontechnical user because ... spend real time helping real people.' ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: What is Generic Host Process for Win32 Services with the file name/path C:WINDOWSsystem32svchost
    ... tells people how to secure their entire computer system without the ... you can't secure a computer against all that people are exposed too, and nothing they rant about really helps the nontechnical user because they don't ever tell the user how to do anything - they just rant about how third- ... If they put half as much energy into building a FAQ that could be posted every month, they might actually be helping people, but they appear to be to stuck on how important they think they are than to spend real time helping real people. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Tiny Personal Firewall Replacement?
    ... tells people how to secure their entire computer system without the ... and nothing they rant about really helps the nontechnical user because ... spend real time helping real people.' ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: MS Windows Security Update CD now available
    ... If a computer system is not secure, ... A system administrator is a security risk. ... >> that Microsoft would follow the normal corporate bell curve to oblivion. ...
  • Re: Tiny Personal Firewall Replacement?
    ... 'I wonder why the group trolls don't build a response that clearly ... tells people how to secure their entire computer system without the ... you can't secure a computer against all that people are exposed too, ... I disagree with all of it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)