Re: Firewalls and Cryptography

In article <4pkkg3Fjb3a7U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, seppi@xxxxxxxxx says...
GEO wrote:

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 03:18:53 +0200, Sebastian Gottschalk
<seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BobS wrote:
Your statement was that a firewall cannot protect against viruses. They
can.

No, they can't. By design, I can always create a virus that slips by.

And by the same logic no anti-virus ,'by design', can protect
against viruses since you can always create one that will slip by.

Wrong. Write-protecting all executables and/or removing exec right globally
gives a complete protection against viruses.

Not having a net connection or runnning any introduced media such as cd
or floopies will also accomplish this.
me

  • Re: Okay, should I install SP2 or not???
    ... >> viruses, spyware, adware, malware, etc. and get hacked. ... your big brother dream will never come true. ... > people you disdain being online or do you need them to protect your ... my isp all get viruses that are mass mailing emails and the email server ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: viruses
    ... >Overstate the concern and wait for the dollars to roll in to "protect you". ... There was a time when I thought the source of viruses was the ... with poeple not having firewalls, anti virus, ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Norton System Works 2005 - AutoProtect
    ... Although SP2 is good in its own right, it cannot protect you from viruses in the wild out there. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Firewalls and Cryptography
    ... And by the same logic no anti-virus,'by design', can protect ... against viruses since you can always create one that will slip by. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Losing Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123 Toolbar
    ... Protect Your PC ... Illinois Fritz wrote: ... > uncheck it and recheck it, or uncheck the Views bar and the icons come ... > Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses. ...