Re: Firewalls and Cryptography
- From: bassbag <bassbag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:10:36 +0100
In article <45334d51@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx says...
BobS <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Code red worm is a memory resident worm that doesnt write to the file
Your statement was that a firewall cannot protect against viruses. They
Seems to be a problem of definitions.
make statements that are ill defined and then decide to bend it to suit you
when someone calls you on it.
I'm trying to be exact now:
A Virus Scanner is something, that detects malware in streams or in
persistent data ("detecting negative things"). I'm not using virus
scanners, which search RAM, because I think they're useless.
system.Why would you say a virus scanner that searchs ram is useless?
- Prev by Date: Re: Why is IPS blocking some clients
- Next by Date: Re: Firewalls and Cryptography
- Previous by thread: Re: Firewalls and Cryptography
- Next by thread: Re: Firewalls and Cryptography