Filter Internet NAT Redirection

My Cisco router has an option to:
Filter Internet NAT Redirection

The router help says only:
"This feature uses Port Forwarding to prevent access to local servers
from your local networked computers."

Can you explain to me if we should have this option turned on?
It is turned off by default.

Is this option designed to prevent me from connecting to my own
computers - or is this option designed to prevent outsiders from
connecting to my computers (perhaps via a compromised system)???

Nancy

  • Re: Filter Internet NAT Redirection
    ... It will deny outside intruders to access servers. ... "This feature uses Port Forwarding to prevent access to local servers ... Is this option designed to prevent me from connecting to my own ... computers - or is this option designed to prevent outsiders from ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Filter Internet NAT Redirection
    ... "This feature uses Port Forwarding to prevent access to local servers ... From LOCAL computers to LOCAL servers. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Help with configuring cisco 831 router
    ... I am a hobbyst with a cisco router. ... to have other computers run off the one connection. ... For now i dont care ... the computers have internet access. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)