Re: Zone Alarm Pro on server denying client access to 'Net from client laptop

Reply below

"Volker Birk" <bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
: Telly Me <NoOne@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
: > On 16 Oct 2006 11:39:34 +0200, Volker Birk <bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
: > >> Because I'm a newby to configuring firewalls
: > >You used it for several years and you're a newbee in configuring
it?
: > >WTF?
: > Yep, always installed with the default settings. Used www.grc.com
for
: > testing, and got complete stealth status.
:
: OMN! http://www.grcsucks.com
:
: You just didn't understand, that "stealthing" is nonsense.
:
: Yours,
: VB.
: --
: "Ich lache nie."
: Besim Karadeniz in d.c.s.m.

Volker,

I doubt you'll discourage the poster from using his personal firewall,
but you don't do other, less experienced users any favors when you don't
at least offer an alternative protection. No protection is worse than
inadequate (in your mind) protection. Give us all a break, and quit
trolling this newsgroup, or offer your advice in a more positive way.

charlie R

  • Re: Zone Alarm Pro on server denying client access to Net from client laptop
    ... You used it for several years and you're a newbee in configuring it? ... WTF? ... always installed with the default settings. ... and got complete stealth status. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: WINDOWS DOES NOT REMEMBER LOGON CREDENTIALS
    ... party protection installed that can hinder the changes, ... It is strange how the settings Right and the Implementation doesn't apply or ... By looking on the Permission assigned you can adjust it to give the Admin ... Double-click the Protected Storage System Provider key to expand the key, ...
  • Re: Losing my email settings
    ... It adds not one iota of protection to anyone, but for some reason, it resonates with customers who do not realize that they are placing all of their stored messages at risk. ... As for the lack of complaints about the problem; all I can say is that this must be your first visit to these Outlook Express newsgroups, where we've been decrying the problem for quite a few years. ... If Norton anti-virus is the cause, why have other people not reported the ... the email account settings have ...
  • Re: Help! I cant send emails through Windows Mail!!! 911
    ... Double check your settings with these: ... In the case of Avast, choose Custom Installation and under Resident Protection, uncheck: ... This is my first time using my windows mail and I can't get ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Measuring strength of file protection
    ... You could certainly get the text protection mask into a bitmask, but a tool over than DCL might be more maintainable. ... If the settings don't match, then generate a diagnostic and ship it to somebody that cares. ... If the security settings don't match expectations on one of the core configuration files or on any of the core privileged tools or directories, then log alarms in addition to the syslog messages. ...
    (comp.os.vms)