Re: Comodo Firewall

On 15 Oct 2006 10:01:20 +0200, Volker Birk wrote:

BTW: you should not depend on your Virus Scanner for security against
malware. You should have a better concept. The Virus Scanner can help
to filter out incoming already known viruses (like a Spam Filter for
viruses), it will not prevent you from getting arbitrary viruses.

Yours,
VB.

I don't. I don't even have my AV software running in the background. I just
use it to scan files I download and maybe once a month I will do a full
system scan.

  • Re: Comodo Firewall
    ... May as well drop all security on my PC and let it flap in the wind. ... you should not depend on your Virus Scanner for security against ... to filter out incoming already known viruses (like a Spam Filter for ... viruses), it will not prevent you from getting arbitrary viruses. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: open source/free anti-virus?
    ... >> rejecting all viruses during the delivery attempts, ... >> your mailservers. ... > You need a spam filter, ... better at rejecting viruses that spam filters are. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: open source/free anti-virus?
    ... >> rejecting all viruses during the delivery attempts, ... >> your mailservers. ... > You need a spam filter, ... better at rejecting viruses that spam filters are. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: totally OT BT
    ... do not have spam filter as i use hubbie's outlook express and he will not ... something to prevent trojans and viruses from taking over your ... Remove "eek" to contact me! ...
    (uk.rec.competitions)
  • Re: On-access AV scanning
    ... the files their virus scanner will check them. ... stupid, it's a requirement. ... educate users, repeat educating users, continue ... learn about viruses, trojans, malware: ...
    (freebsd-questions)