Re: Comodo Firewall

In article <4p7gadFhlu57U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, seppi@xxxxxxxxx says...
Garrot wrote:

On 12 Oct 2006 12:52:22 +0200, Volker Birk wrote:

Please give an example.

Yours,
VB.

The PC game HOMM5, just one of many.

According to Wikipedia, Heroes Of Might And Magic V contains the copy
protection SecuROM 7.x, which is well-known to be a (real, not just
potential) privilege escalation vulnerability. Therefore I and any informed
reasonable person considers it as malicious software, but not legitimate.

In other words: If you wanna play your games on a Windoze box, get a
separate non-connected computer. Those common computer games and a serious
workspace are mutually exclusive.

Why not just use an application firewall?
me

  • Re: Comodo Firewall
    ... reasonable person considers it as malicious software, ... If you wanna play your games on a Windoze box, ... separate non-connected computer. ... Those common computer games and a serious ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: What have you been playing... IN JUNE?
    ... thirty days to play your games, now it's time to share with everyone. ... Heroes of Might & Magic III ... I decided to install HoMM3 along with the ... I *was* going to play this but got distracted... ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: compaq r4000 amd 64 with ATI Radeon xpress 200m
    ... >city of heroes but it wont run on my new machine. ... >Games I can play include Half Life 2 and Counter Strike, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Games for a 9 year old?
    ... boys do at that age. ... He did play Quake and Heroes 2 for a while but he ... I'd recommend the repton games as puzzle type things, ... Our Krisalis Gold CD and the TBA Classics disc might be worth a punt - ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.games)
  • Re: Lost and Damned is now up.
    ... Not as good as GTAIV as the characters are less likeable, but interesting story, especially where the paths of the two cross. ... Still very, very good, far better than 99% of most £40-50 games. ... The GTA series is populated by psychopaths, including all its "heroes". ... Perhaps I'm reading more into it than the makers were thinking of, but still it would be easier for the makers to create likeable protagonists all the time in these games. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)