Re: security question

If I want total separations of machines in a LAN situation, I would be
doing it with a two router solution.

You can get a second good router on sale for about $20.

Ok great so another router is the way to go
BTW i dont care about spending 20-200$ if that is the best solution .
What second router should i use ,what is best known for good firewall and
security performance?

  • Re: firewall with parental control filtering needed for usenet, p2p and web
    ... If you are interested in router solution and if the pc can be installed ... as IP router or NAT), then all traffic will pass thru it like any h/w ... routed traffic as non proxy based solution. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Networking problem
    ... now for the router configuration. ... Run/open the routers web based configuration. ... Shut down all of the machines. ... >>> I finally got it to the point that from the desktop i can ping the ip ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: wirless connection security issues
    ... wrt54gl only has a single port for the incoming network. ... I would set up the router to use the Class C private IP range ... for your machines. ... Subject: wirless connection security issues ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: I cant understand Windows Explorer
    ... see offline computers to be left 'visible' in 'Network Places' either. ... I think that being able to see machines that are shut ... static addresses or on their lease duration from the router. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: TCP 3389 and Remote Desktop
    ... conflict using a Linksys wireless router for a peer to peer network ... provided instructions for changing the remote port using RegEdit, ... firewall you utilize on said computer *and* have Remote Desktop turned on ... One method of accessing several machines behind a single router is to change ...