Re: VPN vs. VPN Tunnel

<Phoenix8172@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1159572008.165107.312460@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Newbie technology question: Is there a difference between just having
a VPN, vs having a VPN tunnel? Or on the other hand, is the case that,
in fact, when you create a VPN, there is inherently a VPN tunnel
between the nodes of the VPN network?

Thanks,
Phoenix

This may help

http://tinyurl.com/lrxjs

Bob S.

  • Re: Re-establishing VPN connection when ISP forces new IP address
    ... so we are trying to VPN to our facility using the CISCO ... | forces a new IP address every so often, which breaks our VPN tunnel. ... to a Cisco device in Colorado acting as the ... want to add more sites connecting to the one in Greenland, ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Need basic info about VPN and Remote Desktop
    ... If your W2K box is not running Terminal Server then look at using UltraVNC ... Yes you can run Remote Desktop through a VPN tunnel. ... UltraVNC through a VPN or SSH tunnel. ...
  • Contivity: VPN Connecting via Macintosh and Cheap Firewalls
    ... "How do I connect a VPN tunnel between the Contivity and " post. ... VPN tunnel between my home LAN ... connect to my home LAN with a VPN client from the road. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Shared Internet security
    ... May a Router be used in this case? ... I can VPN thru other WiFi ... but your Internet traffic is going to be subject to his scrutiny. ... Well, I don't know what is a VPN tunnel yet, but i'll google for it. ...
  • Re: VPN to Single Application and/or Fileserver only?
    ... Windows XP SP2 is amazing and PPTP connection works very smoothly. ... types of VPN tunnels like L2TP, PPTP, etc. ... Which VPN tunnel to use? ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)