Re: mac address firewall?

Garrot wrote:
On 3 Oct 2006 21:53:16 +0200, Volker Birk wrote:

This is an error. It's as easy to spoof MAC addresses as it is to spoof
IP addresses.

If it's so easy then why do some virus writers get caught when they are
stupid enough to upload the virus from their own PC?

So you connect to the internet (through your ISP, CyberCafe, Library,
whatever) they have a log of you connecting. Their DHCP server assigns
you an address. You fire off an email (originating from that IP
address) containing a "new" virus. See the trail?

[Just one example]

  • Re: File Upload Question
    ... The user can certainly upload a file with a virus etc in it, ... Can you lock the file types or mime types down to restrict certain ... For one of our clients we only allow registered users to upload and we ... "magic bucket" quarantine system which sometimes means documents are ...
  • Re: And 45 days after I sent the worm to AVAST
    ... | The csrcs.exe file is what the virus becomes when it is ... | command so you cannot see it in a browser, ... | If your virus is NOT what I uploaded, ... Funny thing is they are running Avira ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • IE Hangs when uploading
    ... stated that he had the W32Netsky virus and could not repair or remove the ... security updates and service packs from Windows Update page and it still ... locks up whenever we try to upload an auction. ...
  • Re: virus filter question
    ... Guess my first question is how can someone upload a virus if you have ... Symantec antivirus on every workstation? ... > the SBS2003 does not offer filter capabilities when someone uses the ... > Internal Company Website to upload files to a folder on the SBS Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: virus in blob file
    ... I'd like to evitate to write in the file system a potetially dangerous file. ... files, the server is sure, because the virus is stored in the DB, and so it's ... >> How can I prevent the upload of infected files in the DB? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)