Re: Small Form Factor Firewall

Will <westes-usc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
: To a management station, I would expect no incoming connections, so I want
: that policy enforced and reported.

Where are you planning on utilizing this? Internally or for SOHO users?
I believe most SOHO boxes doesn't currently support GigE. For small remote
offices I have utilized small firewall boxes from Sofaware
(www.sofaware.com). If you're using Checkpoint firewalling you will
recognize these. Sofaware is a Checkpoint daufgter company. You can also
manage these centrally from a Checkpoint SmartConsole (or you can use a
web interface on each individual one if you choose to).

For internal networks you also have the options of Cisco NAC This
requires you to have Cisco switches etc and will handle gigabit load
etc. If you're not using cisco you can get a product such as Trend
Viruswall
(http://www.trendmicro.com/en/products/network/nvw1200/evaluate/overview.htm).
Trend also have a hardware module that can be used in Cisco ASA
equipment.

Other solutions that will give you such functionality on the Client is
Checkpoint Integrity
(http://www.checkpoint.com/products/downloads/integrity_datasheet.pdf) or MS NAP
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/network/nap/). You can
also combine several of these and they can work together for optimal
protection.

Good luck!

Lars

  • Re: Enterprise level firewall selection
    ... > Kind Regards ... > CyberGuard Europe Ltd ... > The following is a performance comparison, (Checkpoint vs. Netscreen vs. ... > (Cisco, Checkpoint, Netcreen, Symantec, Cyberguard, SonicWall etc.)and I ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Vergleiche von Firewallloesungen
    ... Checkpointversion und den Cisco PIX-Firewalls. ... ASA kann ich sagen, dass die Produktlinie noch ziemlich in Bewegung ist ... Hat jemand Erfahrungen mit der Migration von Checkpoint zu Cisco? ... Module zum Einsatz. ...
    (de.comp.security.firewall)
  • Re: Age old question - PIX vs. CP
    ... I do tend to think of checkpoint as being more expensive than ... fw-1 comes on a variety of low-priced appliances. ... both cisco and checkpoint tend to charge around 20% of the product cost per ... accidentally bringing your internet connection down or causing a security ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • AW: Two VPN clients on one computer
    ... I have gotten checkpoint, cisco and netscreen running on the same computer ... Betreff: RE: Two VPN clients on one computer ... we deselect cisco and vice versa. ...
    (Security-Basics)