Re: Unusual problem. Could it be firewall acting up?

In article <p0p0i2d176tb9rkf3cj0slob64k135joha@xxxxxxx>,
hephaestus@xxxxxxxxxxxx says...
Hi
I'm having an unusual problem I'm unsure if it's related to the
firewall. Recently I ran into the following problem. When I connect to
the Internet, I'm able to surf fine. However if I try to download any
type of software like for example, a program for installation, The
connection locks and I'm unable to do anything else online. The
connection acts like when you block traffic to the Internet. I can go
on working on the computer but there is no traffic either coming in or
going out. The only way I'm able to fix it is to reboot.

This started happening after updating to Firefox 1.5.0.7 and
installing Bitdefender 10. I did not notice anything after updating
Firefox so I tend to think it may be related to Bitdefender's
firewall. But I checked and re-checked every setting and can't find
anything wrong. And it happens suddenly. I've not seen anything even
remotely related to this problem anywhere. I've googled, etc and
nothing and I was wondering if anybody has had any experiences like
the one I'm having.

If anybody has any ideas they would be most welcome.

Bitdefender 10 is reportedly very buggy at present.....You would probably
be better off uninstalling it until/if its fixed.
me

  • Re: Unusual problem. Could it be firewall acting up?
    ... installing Bitdefender 10. ... I did not notice anything after updating ... Firefox so I tend to think it may be related to Bitdefender's ... firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Unusual problem. Could it be firewall acting up?
    ... firewall. ... connection acts like when you block traffic to the Internet. ... I did not notice anything after updating ... Firefox so I tend to think it may be related to Bitdefender's ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... IE, Firefox and Opera. ... I'll try to put some perspective behind this firewall stuff. ... Average Joe on a budget might well go into PC World, ... The hacker basically has to turn up dressed like a pizza delivery boy, ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Windows Firewall aktiviert sich beim Booten von alleine
    ... Da setzte ich auf Firefox mit dem Adblock Plugin. ... Welche Software ersetzt mir bei Norton die Angriffswarnung von außen. ... "Angriff" aufgeblasen. ... kann das Logging der XP Firewall aktivieren und sich ...
    (microsoft.public.de.security.heimanwender)
  • Re: Windows xp security
    ... I have made mistakes in configuration files in Linux that made the system wide open but I was not exposed because of the firewall configuration. ... Computer security is not relying on any single layer to keep you secure but multiple layers that must be crossed before communication occurs. ... I too have been running Firefox since the .8 days and am aware of several vulnerabilities where the flaw was related to Java or Windows where simply viewing an image could compromise the system. ...
    (alt.computer.security)