Zone Alarm (Freeware-) stopped reporting intrustions..

Despite considerable use of the internet since installing ZA, on the main page it shows not a single attempt at intrusion, whereas in the past there were hundreds/thousands after a while.

We have uninstalled and re-installed but the same situation remains.

One suspects that ZA cant be correctly working/configured if it does not report having blocked intrusions?

It does indicate that it is (alledgely-) working - but at the same time is apparently not finding a single intrusion?

Grateful for any tips...?

ron b

  • Re: The OTHER problem with Netgear WGT624 (and probably others)
    ... |>Isolated network zone, enforced by router and firewall rules. ... | authenticated VPN and blocks all outbound connections. ... How does VPN help an office connect to the internet? ... I used to do intrusion attempts by pager. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm Problem
    ... gehört zum Internet dazu, dass da pausenlos Datenpakete rumdüsen. ... IDS von ZA eine 'Intrusion', also einen Eindring-Versuch, erkennt (bzw. ...
    (de.comp.security.firewall)
  • Re: Zone Alarm Question
    ... Taking a moment's reflection, Neil Mac mused: ... | intrusion but my internet service has not been degraded ... has no way of knowing the difference between normal traffic and an intrusion ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ZA blocked intrusions?
    ... > I have a connection to the internet with a cable modem. ... > intrusion attempts, 17 of with are high rated. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: looking for best practices for security for PHP commercial grade application
    ... >> I posted here another thread so please forgive em for this intrusion as ... > pertains to untrusted zone (internet). ... That will give you an overall idea of a security model, then port ...
    (comp.lang.php)