Re: Zone Alarm (Freeware-) stopped reporting intrustions..

In article <4oij51FesepvU4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, usenet-2006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
says...
bassbag <bassbag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
usenet-2006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
bassbag <bassbag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
usenet-2006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
The Technet article explains why outbound filtering is a waste of
time. I fail to see your arguments to prove their reasoning wrong.
Whether you consider it hypocrisy that Microsoft implements point-
less features into their OS, because their customers demand it, is
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
of no concern here.

Well you might consider them pointless features ,but microsoft
actually calls it a "benefit" and "an important part of thier
security strategy".

Well, it will help maximizing their sales, so it sure is a benefit.
For them. Anyway, you need to distinguish between what sales droids
and security professionals tell you. They won't necessarily tell you
the same.

Why would it maximise thier sales if its a myth?

I underlined the (already given) answer for your convenience.

cu
59cobalt

Im looking for an answer but cant see one given.I asked if application
firewalls are a myth ,then surely people would see through that (like
yourself of course).So why would blatant lies boost sales?
me
.