Re: Zone Alarm (Freeware-) stopped reporting intrustions..

bassbag <bassbag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
usenet-2006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
bassbag <bassbag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
usenet-2006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
Well, it will help maximizing their sales, so it sure is a benefit.
For them. Anyway, you need to distinguish between what sales droids
and security professionals tell you. They won't necessarily tell
you the same.

Why would it maximise thier sales if its a myth?

I underlined the (already given) answer for your convenience.

Im looking for an answer but cant see one given.

I take it you need glasses then.

I asked if application firewalls are a myth, then surely people would
see through that (like yourself of course).

What makes you believe that?

So why would blatant lies boost sales?

Because people fall for them?

cu