Re: Blocking Unauthorized Remote Access

On 26 Sep 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.security.firewalls, in article
<1159293109.523516.40920@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Using Evidence Eliminator, BC-Wipe, Killdisk, or a similar utility will wipe
out any event logs that any version of Windows NT or XP may be keeping
on the local machine.

An no one would _ever_ notice that

With a high-gain antenna, they could sign onto any wISP they
subscribe to, and it wold be thier ISP handling the traffic instead of
your firewall.

Likewise, no one would EVER EVEN GUESS what that 24 inch dish was doing pointing
out the window. You're believing to many TV commercials. You know, Gillette
is going to be coming out with a razor with eight blades to give an even
closer shave.

Old guy

  • Re: Why a newsreader?
    ... I have Windows XP on one and Windows Vista on another. ... On the XP computer I use Outlook Express to read Usenet newsgroup messages. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: where is the Windows 7 news group
    ... And then another by not having any NGs for Windows 7. ... USENET newsgroup was named/located. ... I guess Agent will have to slowly turn into a forums ...
  • Re: AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down
    ... On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.internet.wireless, in article ... This is sorta like "any particular car that you recommend?" ... as I haven't used windows in about 17 years. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Blue Screen - What to do?
    ... called a Complete Memory Dump or a Kernel ... Not to worry, it's possible that Windows ... recorded in the event logs or not. ... get into the Event Viewer you do this: ...
  • Re: Blue Screen - What to do?
    ... For example, somebody suggested that you get a couple of programs for analysing the saved memory contents of the system before the last crash, called a Complete Memory Dump or a Kernel Memory Dump. ... Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't, it depends on how serious of an error it was, whether it got recorded in the event logs or not. ... Sometimes the error is so serious that Windows doesn't even have enough time to record any of the information down before it restarts. ... Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management, click Event Viewer. ...