Re: Does Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.2808 run on Win 98 ?
- From: "DrunkenMister" <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:51:41 -0500
On 9/22/2006 5:13:55 PM, "kes" wrote:
I want to know if Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.2808 is OK for Win98?
Yes, but most W98 users went back to 5.5 (which i doubt that you can find
now). 5.6 had an annoying problem with one of its background tasks (smc.exe?)
IIRC. It didn't shutdown when the computer was shutdown. So you'd have to 3
finger salute it before you could shut the computer down.
Also, any problems with uninstalling this, in case...?
Not to my knowledge.
- Prev by Date: Re: Blocking Unauthorized Remote Access
- Next by Date: freeware 'Internet Security' (firewall+anti virus) pack home version, Windows XP
- Previous by thread: Re: Does Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.2808 run on Win 98 ?
- Next by thread: Re: Does Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.2808 run on Win 98 ?