Re: New "worst nightmare" for network admins

In message <1158698741.761100.229510@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

And besides, there is no possible way you can know what they are up
to, if they are using a system such as Tor, that uses military-grade
encryption, since all the data packets would be encrypted.

Keep on believing that. I might not be able to sniff the content, but I
sure can figure out what a user is up to -- I can see every process
running on their PC, the contents of the drive, or even remote in and
see the desktop.

Things like that tend to make it simple to figure out what the user is
doing. *shrugs*

--
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.

  • Re: New "worst nightmare" for network admins
    ... to, if they are using a system such as Tor, that uses military-grade ... encryption, since all the data packets would be encrypted. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Definition of Military / Government grade ciphers
    ... > mean (and NO i don't mean do they USE the type of encryption because ... meaningless term, since there isn't a standard that defines ``military ... these organizations don't reveal what crypto they use, ... military-grade encryption system is exportable from the US!'' " ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How to encrypt TCP data?
    ... I forgot to point out that most encryption is done by blocks. ... so I blocked up my data packets and I apply ... block size as the first 4 bytes of each logical block. ... I also included a flag in my common code to indicate ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Encryption in internet communications utility and export controls
    ... I'm working on a utility that will move data packets between ... I intend to make this ... utility available for download. ... controls if I add any sort of encryption. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)