Re: Outpost firewall prob when shutting down PC (XP SP2)

"B. Nice" <b__nice@xxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:06:11 +0200, "themark" <themarkNOSPAM@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

<snip>

Any hint, please?

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/

Thank you

Marky

BTW, Outpost is not really a firewall. It's a badly implemented packet
filter.

/B. Nice

Which FW would you advice then? Thanks

  • Re: 2000 server solution
    ... Maybe you should start by looking up the RFC that defines firewall. ... is more than a buzzword and includes much more than simple packet header ... programmer the company hires publishes to that server. ... what does a packet filter in front of those two servers add to the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Hits just keep on coming! What does it mean?
    ... but you're not telling how you have configured your firewall - what ... Your machine sending some NetBIOS packet as a network ... and filter the rest - and filter very ... As for logging, I don't see much value in logging any of the packets ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] CERT vulnerability note VU# 539363
    ... so vendors shoot for the former. ... > In my opinion if a stateful firewall claims it can filter at rate X ... > a stateless packet filter is going to be vulnerable to these sort ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Blocking large downloads
    ... >>Thanks for the advice, but if I could solve this problem socially, I ... >You want a content filter. ... >more but it will by you peace of mind. ... There's also the ability to give the firewall one IP ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: NAT vs. True Firewalls
    ... not just mean packet filter. ... A firewall can be made up of one or more ... components that can block or filter protocol traffic between two networks. ... So a NAT can be as much part of a firewall implementation as the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)