Re: Firewall newbie! Which free one??

Hallo Leythos, u wrote:

Leythos wrote:

ZA like all Personal-Firewalls is crap...
Yes, but it's still a LOT better than Windows XP Firewall.

What does "LOT" mean?

LOT, means that it has more information for the user to determine
access, more ability to block,

blocking incoming requests does the XP Firewall, blocking outgoing
requests isn't possible at all.

and is less likely for a application to
install a hole without the user knowing.

For that, I inform me.

Wolfgang

  • Re: Guide to secure installtion of IIS 5
    ... don't forget a well-configured firewall. ... Do not put the computer onto the network or the Internet until after the ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ... Install all service packs and security fixes from Microsoft and otherwise ...
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... > tested on port 445. ... > I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... Secedit.exe is the name of a legitimate Windows file, ... investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with the latest updates ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... >> tested on port 445. ... >> I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... >investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with ... >windows and everything else. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
  • Re: password protection
    ... and cable] and should really consider Windows 2000 / XP. ... sure you're also running antivirus and firewall, ... Internet] to bypass this security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)