Re: "Antivirus" software gone bad! (Symantec)

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:14:28 -0400, Gwen Morse
<goldmooneachna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I bought a new asus motherboard that was bundled with a number of
applications. One was listed as "Anti-virus" software. When I went to
install it, it said it was going to install Norton Internet Security
and I would have a 90-day trial period.

It seemed resasonable enough at the time. I accepted it, and it
installed. However, it keeps blocking apps I want to allow onto the
internet. I can't find any way to allow individual apps accessl. Even
more pernicious, it refuses to allow me to remove it.

It insists that I provide the password to the "Supervisor" login. I
don't _have_ a Supervisor login. My normal login with full
administrative access is rejected as "not having correct permissions".

I'm not really a Windows user, I mostly use linux. Windows is just to
run games that don't run under cedega. So, I don't know all the
intricacies of XP. Where is my "Supervisor" login hidden and how do I
set/reset the password, so that I can get this effing software off my
computer?

Gwen
--
Gwen Morse mailto:goldmooneachna@xxxxxxxxx
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then

try this:

<http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=deskbar&q=how+to+uninstall+norton+internet+security>

73,
rich, n9dko

  • Re: "Antivirus" software gone bad! (Symantec)
    ... install it, it said it was going to install Norton Internet Security ... It insists that I provide the password to the "Supervisor" login. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Multiple Questions
    ... adding to the local administrators group is giving ... Login scripts - I've a bunch of various apps I need installed on ... Assigning to a user will install the app upon logon. ...
  • Re: Multiple Questions
    ... adding to the local administrators group is giving ... Login scripts - I've a bunch of various apps I need installed on ... Assigning to a user will install the app upon logon. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Multiple Questions
    ... adding to the local administrators group is giving ... Login scripts - I've a bunch of various apps I need installed on ... Assigning to a user will install the app upon logon. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Multiple Questions
    ... adding to the local administrators group is giving ... Login scripts - I've a bunch of various apps I need installed on ... Assigning to a user will install the app upon logon. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server)