Re: outpost blocking email client

k1sage <"kis[delete]age"> wrote:
On a machine WinXPpro, outpost firewall(internal OS firewall disabled)
is sometimes blocking my email client thunderbird with reason "blocked
by process memory control" identifing that winlogon.exe is trying to
write data into thunderbird.
First I tought that I've got some spyware tryin to send some packets by
smtp, but scaning with common antispyware programs didnt take any result.
thunderbird have rules for an email client of course.
that any got some idea what is going on and how can I prevent it? Maybe
some global rules that I cant reconize is responsible for that?

Why not just using the Windowws-Firewall instead of Outpost? The latter
has security design flaws anyways.

Viel schlimmer als die Implementation von PHP ist jedoch das Design.

Rudolf Polzer in

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RISC OS is still better
    ... Thunderbird happens to have the MTA built-in - one of the restrictions of both Windows AND Mac OS in that each individual email client seems to want to download mail, rather than having a single MTA to download the mail and then the client pick it up. ... You then attach POPstar or FreeSMTP to Newsbase to act as the MTA, although IIRC later versions of Newsbase have an SMTP server built in, so don't require FreeSMTP. ... The idea is, mail is delivered to a server using SMTP, or fetched from the ISP using a POP3 daemon, stored in a repository on the server, then accessed using IMAP. ...
  • Re: [OT] Newsreaders, was: Re: message to VSI: fix documentation
    ... Outlook is the natural email client. ... That doesn't stop you using Thunderbird or some other news client. ...
  • mail/claws-mail: INBOX shows still moved or deleted mails, filtering not working properly
    ... After a struggle with OpenLDAP and Thunderbird (core dumps all over the ... Evolution, which is unsatisfying, since calendar function immediately ... this email client. ... visible in the main INBOX of the email account but marked with the flag ...
  • Re: Working life of a G4
    ... It evidently doesn't work with the Mac OS ... degree in engineering to use an email client. ... Robust, efficient and free, Thunderbird joins FireFox ... For the Choice award, the ...
  • Re: Off Topic: E-Mail Client Suggestions
    ... I am currently running Thunderbird as an email client on Windows7 and I am using SeaMonkey, which is a very similar program, ... I'm not completely satisfied with SeaMonkey as a newsgroup client, ...