Re: Home Firewall vs Corporate Firewall
- From: "Frankster" <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:13:41 -0600
A Linksys BEFSX41 Firewall/Router has SPI. It can allow/block specific
services such as PPTP, telnet, IMAP, SMTP, DNS, POP3, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.
NO IT CAN'T, it can only block ports. The cheap units can not tell the
difference between ANY of those protocols running on ANY port.
YES, YOU'RE RIGHT! :) The config has a pull-down to block those services,
as I noted, but now that I actually select those options I see that all it
does is to auto-fill the field with the customary port for those services.
Anyhow... back to the original thread...
- Prev by Date: Re: Netgear DG834 - blocking port 80
- Next by Date: Re: Firefox unendless downloading weird URLs
- Previous by thread: Re: Home Firewall vs Corporate Firewall
- Next by thread: Re: Home Firewall vs Corporate Firewall