Re: Home Firewall vs Corporate Firewall

A Linksys BEFSX41 Firewall/Router has SPI. It can allow/block specific
services such as PPTP, telnet, IMAP, SMTP, DNS, POP3, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.
For $80.

NO IT CAN'T, it can only block ports. The cheap units can not tell the
difference between ANY of those protocols running on ANY port.

YES, YOU'RE RIGHT! :) The config has a pull-down to block those services,
as I noted, but now that I actually select those options I see that all it
does is to auto-fill the field with the customary port for those services.
So... sorry.

Anyhow... back to the original thread...