Pix 525 E

I have a building that we would like to put behind a firewall.
Basically here is out it is laid out. A 6509 is the main switch of the
building with multi vlans. We are going to take a port out of the 6509
run into 3750-12 then into a pix 525e then back into a 3750-12 then
back into the 6509. We are just wanting to protect this building from
any outside attacks.
1) I would like to know how i can use static ip's from that buildings
ip range intstead of private on the inside interface or could i just
let everything pass through. I would like to continue usiing the vlans
that we have already in place for that buidling. DO NOT want to use
private addressing if possible. Also like to elminiate nating on the
firewall and allow dhcp server to continue to give out addressing and
pass that through the firewall. Or could we just allow all vlans to
pass through. Any help would be appreciated.

  • Re: Emails get stuck... Need to pull to get them!
    ... My answer is yes to your questions about firewall, switch w/ VLANs... ... >> Inbox. ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Multiple small switches vs. a single big one; Granularity of control
    ... > either a physical switch per segment, ... I personally believe that the idea of separating vlans onto separate ... > mitigated by using the FWSM to enforce the separation policy? ... firewall between vlans. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Firewalls and 802.1q trunking
    ... >>> leaking packets between VLANs. ... >>normal traffic then they're secure enough to use as interfaces to ... firewall involved mattered at all here; if a switch was judged secure ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with ASA-5510
    ... You should be able to create multiple vlans on your switch and ... corresponding vlans on your firewall. ... I have an ASA 5510 and a 3500 XL switch. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • 525 E
    ... I have a building that we would like to put behind a firewall. ... A 6509 is the main switch of the ... I would like to continue usiing the vlans ... private addressing if possible. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)