Re: Zone Alarm, or...

Casey wrote:
I agree with:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx

What about installing disk image(s) that were made prior to the
machine being infected with malware. Seems that was overlooked in
their solutions.

The point in the suggested solutions is that you restore the system to a
known-good state, so yes, restoring from a known-good image is okay too.

cu
59cobalt
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

  • Re: Windows XP and antivirus updates and System Restore disabled by vi
    ... Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system. ... restore point prior to the date of the last updates, ... restore points exist just prior to the last successful update but none exist ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Recently removed spysheriff from computer, but something is wrong
    ... If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version ... It is possible that is how you got infected with malware. ...
  • Re: Removal of SpywareStrike v2.5
    ... the Smitrem program has totally removed the Spyaxe & nvctrl.exe ... I hope that the people who write this malware and others are ... > then you are strongly urged to remove any/all versions that are prior to JRE ... > Please Copy and Paste the contents of the HTML Log file; ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: SBS 2K3 Lost Nearly 2 Months Of Its Life!
    ... "The server has failed and I have to start over". ... rebooted prior to this latest outage. ... Backup Exec is also showing this i.e. no option to restore between ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows Update disconnect my IPAQ
    ... Have you tried a "System Restore" from the restore point made prior to the updates. ... by one to see which one causes the problem with ActiveSync... ... >>> Is there any way of undoing the windows update? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)