Best way to go?
- From: Rick Bruner <rbruner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:08:57 -0500
The college where I work is (finally) allowing me to install an
enterprise firewall this summer, so I'm in need of opinions as to what
people here think are the best solutions more than anything else.
I am looking to have no more than 1000 computers managed, with three
zones (students, staff/faculty and DMZ). I need to control P2P, and I
would *like* to have a decent IDS system.
So is a hardware appliance better than a software solution? I'm no
Linux person at all (we're an all-Windows environment), but anything
can be learned, so I don't want to rule out a software solution if it
is a better fit. Also, solution cost has been and always will be a
determining factor for me.
I realize everyone is likely to have their own favorite solution, but
I really do need to see what is being used in the real world.
Rick Bruner, Director
Technology Support Services
Huntingdon College - Montgomery AL
- Prev by Date: Re: Agnitum Anti-Spware False Positive???
- Next by Date: Re: Comodo Personal Firewall
- Previous by thread: Where's the Options option in Zone Alarm?
- Next by thread: Re: Best way to go?