Re: NIS will not let me synchronize the PC Date/Time

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
@lf wrote:
Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
@lf wrote:

If you have shares on that Wi-Fi connection, you cannot put it into
internet zone without breaking it.
I want to break it on a unprotected wi-fi, that is a goal.
Then why don't you create two separate connections, one for protected
and one for unprotected wi-fi?
You have to know SSID, what hotel user is going to stay and what SSID
they use you don't know. User is going to ask.

What about a separate connection for your known SSID and every other?

There is only one wireless connection (in Network connections) in which other connections are defining by SSID those are predefined networks. You can block laptop from connecting to non predefined networks, but that in this case can't be done since you don't know what SSID will be. Windows firewall settings are same for all connections predefined and non predefined, I don't think it can be separated.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not expert.

  • Re: Problem with NAT + static IP mapping
    ... i just happened to have some old (cheap consumer wap/routers) in my junk box, so i gave it a shot, seems to work.... ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Nicking someones wifi??
    ... connections without permission. ... Say if you have two neighbours, both with Belkin routers with the same SSID and both unsecured, its possible the person may pick the wrong connection to start with. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Remove SSID completely
    ... settings and SSID name on my system. ... I no longer have any other connections showing but the 1394 ... As I require this for future computer builds for my clients, ... a WiFi identity. ...
  • Re: Adding a Preferred Network programmatically
    ... The MAC address never enters into the equation for RF ... connections. ... It's *always* done based on the SSID. ... > it to a connect to a specific AP without knowing its guid (e.g. using the ...
  • Re: Can Host Try Connecting Even With No SSID?
    ... the wireless router against unwanted connections by removing the ... option of broadcasting the SSID. ... "Unnamed Network" which has the strongest signal of all available ... While not broadcasting the ssid will not prevent sniffer porgrams ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)