IPCOP USB Support... USB not enabled?

I added apcupsd to my IPCop box, and its not seeing the UPS. Until I
connected it, I had disabled the USB controller in the BIOS because it
wasn't needed, but now I'm noticing that there's no usb listed in lsmod

(shown below) and no /proc/bus/usb.

I've looked around online, and found that many people have USB enabled
on their IPCop machines, in fact for some it's required to operate, but

I'm at a loss as to how to enable it. Anyone have any ideas on what
could be causing this?

Thanks all,

Richard

lsmod info
Module Size Used by Not tainted
ipsec_twofish 35332 0 (unused)
ipsec_sha2 7800 0 (unused)
ipsec_sha1 18488 0 (unused)
ipsec_serpent 11076 0 (unused)
ipsec_md5 4440 0 (unused)
ipsec_blowfish 8420 0 (unused)
ipsec_aes 31624 0 (unused)
ipsec_3des 17052 0 (unused)
ipsec 255268 2 [ipsec_twofish ipsec_sha2 ipsec_sha1
ipsec_serpent ipsec_md5 ipsec_blowfish ipsec_aes
ipsec_3des]
ipt_MARK 696 28 (autoclean)
sch_ingress 1380 1 (autoclean)
cls_u32 4380 5 (autoclean)
sch_sfq 3008 3 (autoclean)
sch_htb 18688 1 (autoclean)
ipt_MASQUERADE 1272 1 (autoclean)
ipt_mark 440 2 (autoclean)
ipt_TCPMSS 2168 1 (autoclean)
ipt_state 504 17 (autoclean)
ipt_REJECT 2968 1 (autoclean)
ipt_LOG 3616 9 (autoclean)
ipt_limit 792 10 (autoclean)
iptable_mangle 2008 1 (autoclean)
iptable_filter 1612 1 (autoclean)
8139too 13128 1
mii 2112 0 [8139too]
crc32 2880 0 [8139too]
3c509 10164 2
isa-pnp 27088 0 [3c509]
ip_nat_quake3 1864 0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_quake3 1992 1
ip_nat_proto_gre 1316 0 (unused)
ip_nat_pptp 2156 0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_pptp 2641 1
ip_conntrack_proto_gre 2069 0 [ip_nat_pptp ip_conntrack_pptp]
ip_nat_mms 2736 0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_mms 2928 1
ip_nat_irc 2032 0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_irc 2864 1
ip_nat_h323 2380 0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_h323 2161 1
ip_nat_ftp 2512 0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_ftp 3664 1
iptable_nat 16142 8 [ipt_MASQUERADE ip_nat_quake3
ip_nat_proto_gre ip_nat_pptp ip_nat_mms ip_nat_irc ip_na
t_h323 ip_nat_ftp]
ip_conntrack 19480 7 [ipt_MASQUERADE ipt_state
ip_nat_quake3 ip_conntrack_quake3 ip_nat_pptp ip_conntrack_p
ptp ip_conntrack_proto_gre ip_nat_mms
ip_conntrack_mms ip_nat_irc ip_conntrack_irc ip_nat_h323
ip_conntrack_h323 ip_nat_ ftp
ip_conntrack_ftp iptable_nat]
ip_tables 10944 13 [ipt_MARK ipt_MASQUERADE ipt_mark
ipt_TCPMSS ipt_state ipt_REJECT ipt_LOG ipt_limit ip
table_mangle iptable_filter iptable_nat]
apm 8644 0

.