Re: The Coalition against Personal Firewalls

Rod Engelsman <rod.engelsman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Go to http://www.dingens.org/. You will find a small program that you
can use to "lock down" your computer. Yes, this site is the brainchild
of Volker Birk. I think he has done an excellent service here.

Thank you! But it's a little bit outdated now - for Windows XP, SP2
and the Windows-Firewall is enough. For older versions of Windows one
can use it, though. But: the real good work is Torsten's. I just made
a simple "point and click tool" out of his script.

Yours,
VB.
--
At first there was the word. And the word was Content-type: text/plain

  • Re: Windows XP Pro Locks Up When Hard Drive Crashes...
    ... This drive is a new-build replacement that I got from maxtor, ... So just to make it real clear to everyone my opinion of Maxtor - They suck ... HD and placed it in my gf's computer to see if it will cause her OS to lock ... setting or something in windows on my system that is causing the system to ...
  • deadlock on SMP machines - perhaps caused by wldap32.dll?
    ... running Windows NT and 2000. ... OwningThread b80 ... ContentionCount 2a ... Scenario B - the "what happened to the malloc lock?" ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: WinXPSP2, Intel Core2Duo, Kernel drivers
    ... Because on an SMP machine CPU 1 will get the lock, ... This is because KeAcquireSpinLockAtDpcLevel on a uni-processor is a NOP. ... Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting ... Trying to call the routine that uses spinlocks from ISR is not going to ...
  • SECURITY.NNOV: file locking and security (group policy DoS on Windows 2000 domain)
    ... Windows NT 4.0, ... EXCLUSIVE lock on file. ... The main problem of file locking is this mechanism (at least ... much more descriptive and useful to the administrator. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: some little problems and tips
    ... How to Quickly Lock Your Computer and Use Other Windows Logo Shortcut Keys ... XP Start Menu doesn't have Use Personalized Menus option. ... Scroll down to and UNCheck: ...