Re: Web server issue

Volker Birk wrote:
peter.mcclymont@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Anyway, I take your point that IIS is very insecure. What else do you
suggest I use? Apache?

IIS in older versions is very insecure. IIS in the actual version seems
not to be more insecure than other complex webservers.

The problem lies more in the ActiveX technology, which is often combined
with using the Microsoft platform.

Although an ASP.NET programmer can use ActiveX controls on a Web form, that should done with Intranet solutions and not Internet solutions.

ASP.NET has custom User Controls to replace ActiveX controls.

Duane :)

  • Re: IIS security statistics
    ... almost entirely in configuration and countermeasures. ... is insecure, are not capable of being swayed, because to sway would require ... > I'm trying to sell a IIS web-based solution to a customer who believes IIS ... reassure my potential customer. ...
  • Re: Web server issue
    ... Volker Birk wrote: ... Apache? ... IIS in older versions is very insecure. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: hosting business card web site in SBS 2003 OK?
    ... inherently insecure because of exploits that are known in IIS. ... And thus all of the benefit of SBS ... and the internet is actually just Microsoft making businesses insecure ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: hosting business card web site in SBS 2003 OK?
    ... We all understand that opening port 80 can make miscreants more *aware* ... inherently insecure because of exploits that are known in IIS. ... And thus all of the benefit of SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Web browser only TS client
    ... You can use any type of web server you like, or even just access the files directly on your local hard drive or network share. ... The reason I mentioned to Don to install the Remote Desktop Web Connection (and by requirement, install IIS) is that this is how you obtain the *latest* version of RDWC files. ... since only IE handles ActiveX controls (don't know how advanced ...