Re: ZA unable to install

Jas wrote:

"Sebastian Gottschalk" <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Jas wrote:
Hi, anyone know why I can't seem to install ZA (free) on a win98se
machine (recently re-build/re-loaded). I'm getting a 'root certificate'
problem message at the point the ZA install loads/saves/executes (I
don't know) some GLB temp files in windows/temp. I can't see anything
on the za forum web-site to suggest a solution.

The obvious solution of not using any personal "firewall" crap and
getting some serious security measures didn't come to your mind?

Do explain/expand. Is ZA not considered a firewall or a serious
security measure ?

ZA is not a firewall, it's a host-based packet filter and a pretty lousy

Obviously it's not serious, as tries to employ application control
without any sandbox or whatsoever, autoblocking, strange data filtering
(which actually results in publishing the seemingly-protected data),
content blocking with inapprociate methods... The vendor is a scumbag
(due to both ridiculous claims about his software and the underhand
spying) and the quality of the software is very poor.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is Kasperskys Internet Security Good?
    ... To rethink his security concept first, ... firewall versions are ineffective with respect to outbound filtering anyway. ...
  • Re: need software firewall for windows 98se
    ... Not good faith, but actual security. ... With Windows 98 and its lack of privilege separation, with Outlook Express being abused as a newsreader, and questions for a firewall instead of a host-based packet filter, the really competent people here surely consider you as a stupid and naive fool asking a horribly stupid question. ...
  • [REVS] Bypassing Client Application Protection Techniques
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... protection programs. ... * Kerio Personal Firewall 4.0 ... And we got actually nothing in the field of client application ...
  • Re: Recycler security issues on IIS server
    ... > latest upates to the server. ... > like to see the server put behind our firewall, ... other software, install all patches, IISlockdown, URLscan, use the correct ... the procedures you follow may vary depending on your security needs. ...
  • Why hasnt Symantec addressed nastier Messenger spoofs
    ... Norton / Symantec has been silent on whether Norton Internet Security ... DSL firewall will stop these kinds of pop-ups. ... major ISPs and broadband systems. ...