Re: Simple method to block outgoing traffic

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
Duane Arnold > wrote:

Really, the bottom line is who cares. If the makers of Aport want to use
an install package so what? ;-)

If I can't install it under normal conditions, I will simply not use it.

There's nothing bad with installer, just with non-working installers.

Yes, please do define what are normal conditions. I want to know what that is about.

If you're running on a NT based O/S and there is any kind of installer involved at least the ones I have setup and used to install a piece of software I have written, which may also have to register DLL(s) and make other registry entries such as ODBC, etc etc, then it has to be done with Admin rights that I know about on the NT based O/S.

Exe(s) don't have to be registered.

Duane :)

  • Re: Simple method to block outgoing traffic
    ... If I can't install it under normal conditions, I will simply not use it. ... which may also have to register DLLand make ... Limited User access, which was a big and dirty hack - but I worked. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Simple method to block outgoing traffic
    ... Duane Arnold> wrote: ... an install package so what? ... If I can't install it under normal conditions, I will simply not use it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: Cannot turn on automatic updates nor use windows update
    ... I couldn't register the "Wuaueng.dll". ... "Install the ActiveX control required to view the website. ... gives me an error message saying that "Windows cannot find 'scf'....". ...
  • RE: Cannot turn on automatic updates nor use windows update
    ... I couldn't register the "Wuaueng.dll". ... "Install the ActiveX control required to view the website. ... Windows Update Link: ...
  • Re: Package & deployment
    ... The winsock ocx *is* the indirect dependency. ... You might manually register all the other components as well. ... (compile and install). ...