Re: Simple method to block outgoing traffic

Duane Arnold > wrote:

Really, the bottom line is who cares. If the makers of Aport want to use
an install package so what? ;-)

If I can't install it under normal conditions, I will simply not use it.

There's nothing bad with installer, just with non-working installers.

  • Re: BlackICE Uninstall/Install problems!!!
    ... Perhaps this is ISS encouraging people to use another firewall! ... "Duane Arnold" wrote in message ... I have checked using task manager. ... > that it's shutting down the BI services for the install to proceed on a NT ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: NOD32 AV
    ... My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here: ... > Duane Arnold wrote: ... >> interfering with the install of an AV. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Traffic study
    ... Duane Arnold wrote in ... >> I think they are very handy for determining the access patterns of ... As an example, if you install ZoneAlarm Pro, and if you ... While I've found W2k to be pretty good about preventing normal users from ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Advantech Drivers Componentized
    ... I haven't seen the Advantech driver package but are you sure you need all the things the install package get installed (on XP ... InCtrl5 shows a ton of stuff, but I think abunch may be the setup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: How to remotely install software to clients?
    ... either use the windows system to install a "self run" at startup, next boot, you can force reboot?, or other in registry or startup ... most admin installs are done to supplement existng systems/programs and the client user is aware that new stuff is going to show ... Thanks for your tip but how do you "execute the install package on each ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.enterprise)