Re: News Release

Cliff <whidbey.us@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Cliff, why are you affronting people with other opinions here? Are you
running out of arguments?
:) I was kidding.....:):):) It is a navy chief thing.......seems like your
getting a bit testy here.

Yes, I realized that ;-) This is why I did cancel and supersede my first
posting.

Leadership failure does not mean that the leaders were complicit in the
knowledge as I recall there were quite a few command level personel that
were relieved of their duties. Note that this does not mean that they were
guilty of allowing torture, they were guilty of what Taguba stated " a
failure of leadership". There is a huge difference.
Now may I ask you the same thing?
Can please explain, why you're disagreeing with Major General Antonio
Taguba?

I don't.

If leadership is failing, there have to be consequences. If leadership
is failing constantly, and this results into heavy crimes like torture
of people, than there have to be sincere consequences.

For the officers which had to supervise those men, I'm requesting
punishment for failing to do their job completely, and causing injuring
of people which they were responsible for.

For Mr. Rumsfeld I'm requesting him to resign because of this reason.

AFAIK an Officer or a Petty Officer, who are responsible for the health
and life of the people they're commanding, such an Officer has to do
her/his job as good as she/he can. It is not a peccadillo, if she/he is
failing constantly for months to supervise the men, and because of this
neglegt of her/his duty people were harmed gravely they're responsible
for.

Here are people reading, who had such a position in US Navy. Please tell
me, if I'm wrong or right here.

What is clear for me is, that Mr. Rumsfeld has the political
responsibility for this case.

If the officers would have interefered immediately while supervising,
then punishment for these men only would be correct. This is not the
case AFAICS.

I see men committing crimes constantly for a timespan of months. I see
officers doing nothing for such a timespan. I see a commander of this
prison doing nothing while this time to detect if his officers are doing
their jobs or not.

And I see a minister of defence, who is politically responsible for
these drawbacks.

To say the least and not to assume other, even worse things.

Yours,
VB.
--
At first there was the word. And the word was Content-type: text/plain

  • Re: Stockwell 2 IPCC report
    ... It seems to me that whilst the plods want ever greater powers, ... responsibility for exercising those powers properly and lawfully. ... Why should police officers be allowed to use that excuse when others ... In a situation where everyone has to carry their own baseball bat? ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Soaring gun use by police.
    ... The fact that police officers are ... firearms officers believe that they are not being treated fairly, ... It is not a question of unwillingness to take responsibility for their ... actions - it is a question of fairness and their unique role and the ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: News Release
    ... knowledge as I recall there were quite a few command level personel that ... If leadership is failing, ... For the officers which had to obey those men, ... responsibility for this case. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: "Dont Tase Me, Bro!" AaaaaHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!!!!!!
    ... >> Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event ... Feel free to explain how the officers knew ANYTHING about him. ... His responsibility was to sit down when so told. ... responsibility to tazer your ass. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: News Release
    ... If leadership is failing, ... For the officers which had to obey those men, ... For Mr. Rumsfeld I'm requesting him to resign because of this reason. ... GWB is the commander in chief. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)