Re: windows firewall

optikl wrote:
jst2swt4 wrote:
Can someone help? I'm running XP home SP2 and when I try to access
Windows Firewall, I get the following message:

Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows
Firewall settings.

I've been running SP2 for quite some time. At one time I was able to
check my firewall settings, but don't know how long it's not been
working.

TIA
jst

I saw a reply to you in another NG, but, just in case you don't see it:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm

Be careful in soliciting help in NG's, particularly where OS issues are
concerned. Look for expert advice.

That website fixed my problem completely.... thank you so much!!!!!

  • Re: windows firewall
    ... Windows cannot display Windows ... I've been running SP2 for quite some time. ... check my firewall settings, but don't know how long it's not been ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: windows firewall
    ... Windows cannot display Windows ... I've been running SP2 for quite some time. ... check my firewall settings, but don't know how long it's not been ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: windows firewall
    ... Windows cannot display Windows ... I've been running SP2 for quite some time. ... check my firewall settings, but don't know how long it's not been ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: windows firewall
    ... Windows cannot display Windows ... I've been running SP2 for quite some time. ... check my firewall settings, but don't know how long it's not been ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: windows firewall
    ... Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows ... check my firewall settings, but don't know how long it's not been ...
    (alt.computer.security)