Re: windows firewall

jst2swt4 wrote:
Can someone help? I'm running XP home SP2 and when I try to access
Windows Firewall, I get the following message:

Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows
Firewall settings.

I've been running SP2 for quite some time. At one time I was able to
check my firewall settings, but don't know how long it's not been
working.

TIA
jst

I saw a reply to you in another NG, but, just in case you don't see it:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm

Be careful in soliciting help in NG's, particularly where OS issues are concerned. Look for expert advice.

  • Re: Firewall advanced settings
    ... It updates as often as two to ... windows updates as I believe that not every single upgrade ... advanced firewall settings and the funny things that I do ... >> the firewall settings under advanced and deleting either ...
  • Re: windows firewall
    ... Windows cannot display Windows ... I've been running SP2 for quite some time. ... check my firewall settings, but don't know how long it's not been ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: Changing firewall settings in Group Policy Editor
    ... was so that I could run a virus scan from the server using Symantec Antivirus ... Windows XP computers so that the users can enable/disable/configure it ... 872769 You cannot configure Windows Firewall settings or Security Center ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Firewall settings
    ... Windows cannot display Firewall settings" ... torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting, Porsgrunn Norway ...