windows firewall

Can someone help? I'm running XP home SP2 and when I try to access
Windows Firewall, I get the following message:

Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows
Firewall settings.

I've been running SP2 for quite some time. At one time I was able to
check my firewall settings, but don't know how long it's not been
working.

TIA
jst

  • Re: Windows 2003 SP1 Firewall Control through Group Policy
    ... Is there a way to turn on the firewall on some machines and not others? ... JSI Tip 8378. ... Windows XP SP2 Firewall Update for Windows Small Business ... How to Troubleshoot Windows Firewall settings in Windows ...
  • Re: Windows 2003 SP1 Firewall Control through Group Policy
    ... MS has extensive writeups on the firewall settings, ... JSI Tip 8378. ... Windows XP SP2 Firewall Update for Windows Small ...
  • RE: SBS 2003 & Win2K DC
    ... 872769 You cannot configure Windows Firewall settings or Security Center ... | why a change I made to Group Policy (using gpupdate /force after the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Security Center Bug?
    ... Right click your Network Connection and select Change Windows Firewall Settings. ... While every effort has been made to enable the Windows Security Center to detect 3rd party firewalls, there may be some that it does not. ...
  • Unable to open firewall
    ... I am having a problem with the Window Security Center firewall settings. ... To try turning on the firewall yourself, go to Windows Firewall in Control ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)