Simple method to block outgoing traffic

I've tried a lot of firewall products, and I find them all either too
instable or too much of a resource hog.
I keep my computer pretty 'clean', and XP's firewall would normally do
the job, but there are certain programs that I don't want to dial out.
Is there a way to manually block these programs (either in XP or Server
2003) from outbound communication, or is there some real small
footprint firewall that'd let me do that without keeping my CPU or
harddrive too busy?

  • Re: Simple method to block outgoing traffic
    ... instable or too much of a resource hog. ... I keep my computer pretty 'clean', and XP's firewall would normally do ... from outbound communication, or is there some real small ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Simple method to block outgoing traffic
    ... instable or too much of a resource hog. ... I keep my computer pretty 'clean', and XP's firewall would normally do ... harddrive too busy? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Firewall advice
    ... Can anybody here recommend a good firewall that isn't a ... resource hog, bloated and intrusive like NIS? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Firewall advice
    ... > resource hog, bloated and intrusive like NIS? ... Kerio Personal Firewall ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Spider Solitaire crashes
    ... >>>Make sure a firewall is running whenever you are online, ... >>>Make sure your CPU and video accelerator aren't overheating. ... >>>Run the video and sound accelerator tests in the DirectX Diagnostic ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)