eschew moderation

a couple articles from around the web:
http://www.d-n-i.net/fcs/comments/c455.htm How Col. John Boyd Beat the
Generals, August 12, 2002
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_32_18/ai_91210683
Insight on the News: How Col. John Boyd beat the generals

there were supposedly subsequent comments about the biggest problem with
the current conflict is that John Boyd had died in 1997.

a few recent posts mentioning John Boyd:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm22.htm#42 Votes are coins stamped with
the Red Queen's head
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006f.html#14 The Pankian Metaphor
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006f.html#41 The Pankian Metaphor
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006g.html#1 The Pankian Metaphor
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006g.html#9 The Pankian Metaphor

Another conflict involves the Crusader. a couple posting/articles on
the subject
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2005t.html#14 Dangerous Hardware
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bbmilitary/jan-june02/crusader_6-19.html
http://www.carlylegroup.net/thebigguns.htm
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1304652

There are similar issues for both Abrahms and Crusader with regard to
rapid air deployment and transition to Boyd's maneuver warfare.

another article on the paradigm change:
http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2005/Pentagon-Rumsfeld-Preemptive11mar05.htm

although Boyd was extremely instrumental in the F16 ... he was a
strong proponent behind the principles involved in the F20/Tigershark,
which significantly reduced the maint. requirement per hour flown as
well as level of technology and skill level needed to support the F16.

articles on Boyd and 4th generation warfare:
http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/003037.php
http://www.d-n-i.net/second_level/fourth_generation_warfare.htm
http://www.counterpunch.org/lind03082003.html
http://www.emergentchaos.com/archives/2005/01/boyds_relevance.html
http://www.dcmilitary.com/navy/tester/8_16/commentary/22780-1.html
http://www.tradeobservatory.org/library.cfm?filename=Fourth_Generation_Warfare.htm

lots of past postings mentioning John Boyd
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subboyd.html#boyd
numerous articles from around the web mentioning boyd
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subboyd.html#boyd2

Well......from what I have seen, we lost a good one when we lost John Boyd.
Forward thinkers in an era of leadership that was trained to fight massive
land battles is a good thing as times have certainly changed. Hopefully he
had enough effect for the younger generation to pick up his sword and run
with it.
Thanks for the great info.....very informative.

.