Re: News Release

Cliff <whidbey.us@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You never read the PATRIOT Act, did you?
I have read it several times. I have yet to see anything to be concerned
about.

We're talking about liberty and democrathy here. Did you already notice,
that according to the Patriot Act:

.... the government has the possibility to imprison every non US citizen they
declare "suspicous" for an unlimited time?

.... that a federal judge said, that parts of the Patriot Act are
unconstitutional (do you appreciate the constitution of the United
States of America)?

.... two Germans were illegaly kidnapped by US officals, one of them
is here from the region of Ulm where I live and he claims that he
was tortured, while the other one is in Guantanamo Bay until today,
waiting for years now for an accusation?

The full text of the Patriot Act you can read here yourself:

whit, it has affected no one that I know.

Now this is not true any more. I personally feel affected, when someone
living here is kidnapped.

Yours,
VB.
--
At first there was the word. And the word was Content-type: text/plain

  • Re: Swiftboating History
    ... it," from Reason in Common Sense, the first volume of his The ... temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ... Patriot Act - trades liberties for temporary safety. ... "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: Whoa, is it 1860 or 2009
    ... :>your basic freedoms, but other voices prevailed so it didn't happen. ... I think it's the USA PATRIOT Act (Uniting and Strengthening ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little ... temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • @@ America is an absolute fascist state @@
    ... PATRIOT Act is a Threat to Liberty ... The USA PATRIOT Act and Terrorism Prevention Act in no way brings the PATRIOT ... keep a close eye on the executive branch to ensure it does not abuse its power. ...
    (soc.culture.iranian)
  • Re: OT: Actor Charlie Sheen Questions Official 9/11 Story
    ... How far do you go to "protect the country" before the ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ... The Patriot act has immensely sped up our data collection and people ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Xah Lees Unixism
    ... patriot act, abortion law or whatever. ... > safety deserve neither liberty nor safety," as Benjamin Franklin said. ... Granting of any power to police is a compromise of personal liberty. ... Chuck Dillon ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)